Monday, June 8, 2009

Moonlight

You know that song, "Dancin' in the Moonlight?"
Well, Handsome Hubby and I do our
cannin' in the moonlight!

Ever since my friend showed me how she does her canning in the backyard I've been wanting a stove so I could do it, too. Well, Happy Mother's Day (stove for canning)/Father's Day (stove for dutch oven cooking)... we now have a stove!
So, here's my second attempt at Apple Pie Filling...
First attempt not, too successful...
Thanks for the advice Mom, the second batch turned out great!

Also, a special thanks to my Mother-in-Law who gave Handsome Hubby the job of running the apple parer, corer, slicer as a kid - he's a pro!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Cool! Your apples look amazing. I love canning!

Barbie said...

Looks fantastic. What was the trick to getting the apples to work the second time?

FloridaGrandparents said...

Your bottles of Apple Pie Filling look delicious! It looks like you and Handsome Hubby have great team work. Good for you! We're proud of you and what you have accomplished!

HaHa said...

First time around I boiled it too hard and hot and a lot of my syrup oozed out - 4 jars decided not to seal because of the sticky mess - however, I made my attempt around Memorial Day so I had plenty of apple crisp for all the parties :)