Monday, September 27, 2010

The Storms

Sometimes I start to get overwhelmed with life. Handsome Hubby is working on his MBA. OTG Boy has started junior high. The Professor is in his second year of virtual schooling. Bubba has plenty of homework and reading to keep us more than busy. We recently learned that Junior has peanut, tree nut, and egg allergies and I had my first experience with anaphylactic shock - scary! And as if these personal life circumstances weren't enough we discovered water damage and mold in the back bedroom and had to rip out a wall and closet, it's soccer season, and we've been in Primary Program preparation mode... aaaaahhhhh!
But,
as I was reading the Summer 2010 edition of BYU Magazine I came across a thought I absolutely love!
(In fact the entire article is worth a read, "Family Focus: Money Management Myths," by M. Sue Bergin, she shares the ideas she learned from an associate teaching professor Bryan L. Sudweeks.)
Here's the basic idea:
He points out that in the Book of Mormon the Jaredites had two problems when they built their boats... one, they had no light and two, no way to navigate. Sudweeks points out that the first problem was solved when the Brother of Jared prayed and the Lord touched the stones, which could now provide the light.
And now for the part I love!
The second problem was solved by, "sending storms that blew the vessels toward the promised land."
When I find myself in the middle of all of this craziness... I just need to sit back and remember what I already know... The Lord knows who I am and he knows what I need to make me into the best that I can become. I just need to remember that "the storms" will get me to the place that I really want to be.

1 comment:

Kas said...

Thank you! I love it! I needed that reminder!