Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Question of the Day

Whenever I go shopping with all my boys the inevitable question of the day from any, and every, cashier..., "Wow, four boys. You gonna keep trying for that girl?"
When I was the mom of only two boys - I would laugh and chuckle at that question. After three boys I got really tired of that question... then I got bitter about that question... and then the tables turned...
Now when they say, "Wow, four boys. You gonna try for that girl?" One of my boys will pipe up and say, "we actually have five boys, but our other brother died when he was a baby." How's that for awkward silence in the checkout line?
But, it does give me the opportunity to think about and share with others how much I love being the mother of a flock of boys! Sure a girl, or two would've been fun, but having my boys has been quite the adventure. Instead of the Little House and Nancy Drew books I grew up reading - they've exposed me to Percy Jackson and Artemis Fowl, they think I'm cool because I'm not afraid of a little soccer scrimmage in the backyard and my boys keep me hopping - they all have different interests and that keeps me busy learning new things, too.
As for our "Other Brother", I miss him.
I love all my boys!
I'm thankful for the opportunity to be a mother.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Very well said! We ALWAYS get that question. It does get tiring. All your little men are all SO handsome HaHa.

I wouldn't trade my boys for anything. Yes a girl would have been so much fun,but my boys...well there's just something about a mother and her boys.

Meg said...

Sweet word of love! Thank you for sharing and helping by rminding me how wonderful it is to be where you're at in life! See you soon!