Monday, July 19, 2010

"We Have a Dog!?!"

A week ago I had a really nasty stomach flu... I mean yuck... I felt like I was on the verge of passing out most of the day. Then the next morning Handsome Hubby took OTG Boy to his 8am Water Polo Game. As I'm waking up I hear The Professor yelling at the top of his lungs,

"We Have a Dog!!!"

I come out of my room to see what's going on, because I'm pretty sure we don't have a dog... I know I was pretty out of it, but I'm thinking Handsome Hubby would've let me know if he was bringing home a dog.

Well sure enough, I look out the window and...


we have a dog?


Now, I'm not very brave when it comes to larger dogs I don't know - especially when they have a resemblance to the pit bull family. But, I poked my head out and all of our gates were locked and closed.


I called Handsome Hubby, "Did you know there's a dog in our backyard?" "No? What do I do?"

So, I put a bowl of water outside the door (it was already 100 degrees) and decided to wait for Handsome Hubby to get home.


45 minutes later the dog was gone.

The boys are sad - they really want to be dog owners.

But, I have to say, huge sigh of relief for me - I'm not quite ready for the dog commitment...

yet :)

1 comment:

Barbie said...

You scared me for a minute