Friday, December 3, 2010

Me

So, this is me... the only girl in a house full of boys.
And what have I been doing this past year?

Plenty!

Aside from the full time, stay-at-home-mom basics... like, chasing after a one year old, being a taxi driver, teaching kids piano, church callings, soccer mom, learning coach, and... does the list ever really end?

I've been adding a few new things to my plate, just in case I wasn't busy enough already. Like...
learning how to cook without eggs.
eliminating all nuts from the house.
taking food dyes out of our diet.
slowly implementing an eating for autism plan.
and
trying to keep my home more organized and clean.

It looks like a lot of my life is revolving around the foods we are eating... and, now that I think about it, it is really true. Between the food allergies and the things I am learning about healthier eating with kids on the autism spectrum, I no longer have the fall-back of prepared frozen foods or grabbing take out. Basically, we cook from scratch and that takes a lot of time. It's good for us though - we are eating a lot more fruits and vegetables and hey... we love rice :)

Amazing how many things change in just a year.

4 comments:

Barbie said...

I loved this series you did on your family. I am amazed by you. It's unfortunate that you have to go through this with your food, but you are going to have a one up on the rest of the world who is struggling for health. I know my kids have allergies to things. They have congestion and skin problems and stomach aches. I would love to work on our diet. Can you share some of the meals you are making? You are going to be a great help to others. Please let me know if I can ever do anything for you.

HaHa said...

Thanks! I was thinking I'll probably start sharing some meal ideas and recipes on my blog. I think my extended family is feeling a little overwhelmed with the thought of figuring out what we can eat.

Jo Dee said...

You forgot to mention how amazing you are as the Pres of our little children!

HaHa said...

Thanks JoDee :)