Monday, July 11, 2011

Trying to Let Go

OTG Boy walked out the door, today, at 4am!

Off for a week of Scout Camp!


Handsome Hubby drove him to the church, while I waited at home watching the lightening light up the walls and listening to the thunder crash. Then the rain started pouring down...

My mind was racing...

will he be warm enough?

will any of his belongings stay dry?

why am I letting him go away for a whole week?

Handsome Hubby has done his best to calm my fears and remind me that this week, both the good and the bad, will be important experiences for OTG Boy. He promised me he'll survive.

He better be right... it's going to be a very long week for mom!

3 comments:

Jo Dee said...

I felt the exact same way when Max went! It just goes to show just how much you really love him!

HaHa said...

Thanks JoDee! I hate having him gone and it doesn't help that my two year old has been wandering around the house all day asking why his brother is missing :)

Lara said...

Good luck! I'm dreading my first Scout Camp. I'm sure he'll have a great time.