Friday, February 17, 2012

It's Quiet... too Quiet



Last Friday morning I was helping The Professor with his math. It was pretty intense. After about 20 minutes of working hard, I realized I hadn't heard even the tiniest "peep" from Junior. Any mom will tell you, that's just not good.

So the hunt began... after checking a couple of rooms my heart sank and I new exactly where he was - the forbidden "Big Boy Room."

I pushed on the door - it hardly moved. I pushed a little harder, cracked it open enough to see that a chair and scriptures had been stacked against the door to block it shut. Pushed a little harder and caught Junior's face of panic sitting in the middle of a giant mess. He had pulled out every game, every basket of stuff, clothes out of drawers... you get the picture. He had trashed his brothers room. Without blinking, or looking away, he solemnly said,...

"Mama, don't look at any of this."

2 comments:

Lara said...

I still dread the "quiet" at my house too and my youngest is 7.

Marilyn said...

That's hilarious! I especially like that heir the scriptures behind the door as well as the chair. As if tat would keep you out :)