Friday, April 20, 2012

March Madness

I keep putting this off - most of our March photos are on Handsome Hubby's phone and I keep forgetting to get them from him...

So, here's a rundown for the month of March - I began the month with a cold and ended it with a different one... the 30 degree temperature changes were killing me!!!  Anyway, back to what we've been doing :)

OTG Boy started us off on March 1st by being chosen to participate in the science fair.  No awards - but, good experience.  He and his partner wanted to see if they could reverse polarity of magnets by exposing them to an electromagnet.

This first weekend of the month Handsome Hubby, OTG Boy and The Professor had a scout campout.  Bubba was invited to a birthday party.  Junior and I had a little mommy-son time - very rare!  Handsome Hubby and OTG Boy arrived home just in time to clean-up and head out the door for the Stake Conference Priesthood Leadership Meeting - they were part of the special musical number.

We had a great weekend of Stake Conference... and then back to real life... all the lessons... all the school... all the scouts... and OTG Boy made it into the Junior High Festival Orchestra and practices started that Monday.  The younger kids liked it, because that meant instead of Bubba riding the bus home - I'd pick him up and take everyone to the park while we waited for OTG Boy to get out of school.  Then we'd drive to rehearsals as quickly as possible.

Off to a great start, until Tuesday morning.   Before school had even started the school nurse called.  Bubba had been hit in the head by a flying rock out on the playground.  The nurse said the bump was about the size of a quarter and assured me Bubba was fine.  Around noon I received a second phone call - Bubba was not feeling fine.  Long story short - if that bump was the size of a quarter - that's the hugest quarter I've ever seen!!!  And by the time I had Bubba home - I could tell he was not ok - so, off to the doctor we went... and discovered Bubba had a mild concussion.  The doctor wanted to help Bubba understand why he would need to be careful for the next couple of weeks and not play too rough - he did a good job explaining why injuries to the brain can be serious.  So good in fact, that when Bubba woke up the next day, he just looked at me and said, "Mom, don't you even love me?!?"  I was a little confused.  "Yes, why don't you think I love you?"  "The doctor told you to wake me up and check on me during the night... and YOU DIDN'T...  I could have died!"  I was shocked.  You see, Handsome Hubby and I took turns faithfully getting up every two hours during the night.  We'd wake Bubba up - he'd even talk with us.  We thought he was doing just fine.  Apparently, it turns out - he didn't remember any of it.

The next night our Bishop stopped by.  He released me from my calling as the Primary President.  Honestly kind of happy - kind of sad... but I was running on very little sleep - so it was kind of a blow to realize I wouldn't be working with the kids and leaders anymore.  Of course, you don't have to wait long for your next growing experience - I am now the ward music chairman and music director.

So... here we are and the week's not over yet.  The next day Handsome Hubby took the final test to complete that MBA he's been working on... and you guessed it, he PASSED!!!  MBA is done, oh yeah!  He is so smart and such a hard worker - I am very, very proud of him.  His graduation ceremony will be in July... but he's already received his diploma and transcripts so everything is official.  It's great to have him around again!

Next came Spring Break - and we sprung... we spent a night in Flagstaff and then headed to the South Rim of the Grand Canyon.  We hiked along the rim... it was so beautiful - and the kids even found a few piles of snow to play in.  So, even if it was just for a day - our get-a-way was wonderful - the perfect break from our crazy life.



We finished off the month with the JHFO concert for OTG Boy.  Pack Meeting for Bubba.  Karate Graduation for The Professor.

Whew!!!  I'm glad we made it... now for April!

No comments: