Monday, December 22, 2008

My Own Christmas Angel

A couple of weeks ago OTG Boy had his Christmas Orchestra Concert. As busy Christmas schedules go it was the same night as December Pack Meeting. Since I'd already promised I would not attend any more Pack Meetings until after the baby (I always seemed to have problems the next day) Handsome Hubby covered that and I decided to attempt the Orchestra Concert. We arrived a half-hour early and to my shock - not an open seat left - not even an end spot - everyone was saving it for someone else.

I was just coming to the conclusion that "Orchestra Parents" reminded me a lot of "Hockey Moms"... you know pit bulls... lipstick... strikingly familiar anyway...

when another mother, whom I have never met, tapped me on the shoulder and said, "I've been in your situation one too many times, my kids can squish come sit on our bench with us." So as I sat there, with her five kids (who were adorable, by the way), I thought about how thankful I am that Heavenly Father would send me my own Christmas angel in my time of need. She didn't know that if I couldn't find a seat I wouldn't be able to stay... but as it was she gave me the opportunity to enjoy the concert and attend my first school function of the year! Truly a blessing.

And... OTG Boy did a great job! He is an excellent cellist and I love listening to him practice everyday!

2 comments:

Jo Dee said...

Its good to know that there are still good people in the world. I only hope I might have done the same. I will keep it in mind.

Suz said...

I am ~right now~ making a mental note to NEVER forget the warm fuzzy I felt while reading your blog tonight! You might just be one of the most gracious people I know... and no wonder Heavenly Father watches out for you and yours.
Recently an OLD mother who had raised an astonishing number of children was interviewed and asked, "did you have a favorite?" To his amazement she replied, "yes!" Then she continued, "when one was gone and I missed them, that one was my favorite. and when one was sick and I held them, that one was my favorite. and when one was injured and crying on my shoulder, that one was my favorite"... etc.
I don't think its a secret that giving mortal life to little spirits isn't SUPER easy for you... with that in mind... and all you've been through... I think it's easy to see that maybe you are one of His favorites. God's tender mercies remind us of HIs love.
I'm so happy you enjoyed the concert of your incredibly talented child!