Monday, December 8, 2008

Perspective

When we lived in California Handsome Hubby and I were soooooo excited to plant our very own orange tree! Having grown-up in Idaho and Utah we'd never had a tree like this and couldn't wait to see what happened.
We were so proud of our little tree when it actually produced 5 (or maybe it was 6) delicious oranges!

Then we moved to Mesa and bought a house with 3 orange trees. We still love oranges... but I have to be honest - we are so thankful our biggest tree has only about half of it's usual amount of fruit this year!

In a year that's been so busy... and I've been so unable to help... I am so thankful for a smaller harvest!
Funny how your perspective can change.

1 comment:

Suz said...

Cole trimmed my orange tree to the tune of a tall green stick! So no oranges yet for me! But as you well know, many of our neighbors are in the same boat as you have been in years past... they are begging us to take some of their fruit! Don't you LOVE the fruit off the tree! So much better!