Wednesday, October 22, 2008

A Few Days For Deep Thinking

First of all, let me clear-up a mistake I made yesterday. I said it had been exactly two weeks between Bubba being sick & The Professor coming down with... whatever it was. However, I was wrong - it's actually been three weeks. I guess time is going by faster than I thought!

Last Friday I ended-up in the hospital for a few hours of tests and observation and since then have spent a lot of time laying down, or just sitting (I have to say - staying off of your feet is highly overrated - I'd much rather be moving!) Anyway, I've had a lot of time to think and ponder and wonder about life.

We all have such different purposes and missions. Recently our prayers have been getting longer and longer. First we were praying for our baby and for me. In August, our friends, down the street, were in a small plane crash and have suffered terrible burns. Then last week, one of Handsome Hubby's dearest friends (he was the Best Man at our wedding and one of the nicest people you'll ever meet) lost his dad in a tragic gun accident. Now over the weekend, the brother of another friend has been killed in a possible car-jacking.

My first reaction is to just throw a pity party and start feeling bad about everything, but somehow you just can't do that for very long. You can't help but to start seeing the blessings - even in the middle of the trials. I am so thankful to know that we have a Father in Heaven who cares about all of us, and that the circumstances of our lives are for our good - life is not something to suffer through and just survive - with the help of our Father in Heaven and our Brother Jesus Christ we can find the beauty and possibly understand some of the reasons for what is going on around us.

If you have the time, the Sister-in-Law of our friends in the plane crash wrote this beautiful message about "Progress and Perspective" - I would highly recommend reading it. You can click here to see what she had to say.

And, just so you're not too worried - I'm doing much better since the weekend and I may even tackle cleaning the clutter pile that's built-up here on the computer desk - although, I'll have to do it sitting down - my dear Handsome Hubby has said he really doesn't want me to lift a finger for the next three months! Can a mom really do that?!?

3 comments:

Cindy and Larry said...

I'm glad your doing better. That was a really good post on your friends blog, sounds like the family is handling everything really well!

Dixie said...

You are such a trooper! Let me know what the girls and I can do to help you out.

Anonymous said...

We're glad you're doing better, too. I'm glad Handsome Hubby is taking good care of you and doesn't want you to over do. Take care.