Thursday, October 16, 2008

What Do I Do?

I've had several people ask questions about what I do when I'm feeling so sick and on my days when I have to be in bed. Here's a breakdown:

For times I've had to be completely down - at least for a few hours (which thankfully I haven't had to do for a month or two now, only occasionally when something unusual happens) my only option was either listening to something or watching TV. Usually, I just watched something - but, thanks to my wonderful "across the street neighbor" she's been my personal Blockbuster! Between her movie library and movies from her extended family - I've watched a lot of really good - uplifting movies. So I do owe a big thanks to my friend and the Hallmark movie people for helping me forget my own troubles for a few hours of the day!

On days when I just need to be taking it easy and keeping stress low - my biggest time consumers are: spending time with Bubba before he heads out to school and then working on a simple project like indexing for Family Search - this helps to add names to their searchable online index for working on family history - anyone can do it - if you'd like to learn more click here. I also spend time either reading or working on cross-stitching Christmas Stockings for my family.

This is for Handsome Hubby. I've been working on it for a long time, but finally finished it up. I'll sew it together, hopefully around December, when I'm feeling well enough to get out and enjoy searching for some fun Christmas fabrics for the back.



I'm in the middle of working on this one for OTG Boy. He is very excited and checks my progress all the time. I'm glad he thinks it's "cool" that I would make a Christmas Stocking for him.



And now that I'm keeping my food down, more often than not, I do try to get out occasionally. I attempt to make some of our dinners. And my mom will be happy to know that at least I get my bed made everyday!

And I know I say it all the time - but I just have to say it again. I am so thankful that Handsome Hubby is willing to help around the house and take care of so many extra chores! Taking care of all of us is no easy task. I love my Handsome Hubby!

2 comments:

Cindy and Larry said...

Those stockings look really good. I still have a cross stitch from being pregnant with Alex to finish. :) Haven't hardly touched it since.

FloridaGrandparents said...

Your Christmas stockings are beautiful. I'm glad you have one finished. It's a very rewarding way to use your time while you are resting.