Monday, November 3, 2008

My Coupon Man

There are about a million things I love about my Handsome Hubby. But one that's on my mind today is his love of coupons! We've always tried to be thrifty and find the best deals and soon after moving to Mesa we were talked into trying out Coupon Sense (click here for more info). At first, it was just "my thing" - I am the primary grocery shopper after all. Then, I was pregnant and on complete bed rest - he took up the shopping for me... coupons and all. Now, here we are again - me pregnant and sick - Handsome Hubby doing the shopping. The first time around - I think he just used coupons to make me happy... this time I think he enjoys the thrill of the good buy!

A few weeks ago, he was excited to come home with coupons for $13.50 off of our next shopping trip. He always saves more than he spends. Last Saturday he was completely thrilled with the purchase of his new electric toothbrush (which the dentist really thought he should have). It was on sale - the store was out - he went back with his rain check for $20 off & an extra $20 for the "extra bucks" he missed out on, put that with a $4 off coupon for spending over $20 and now we'll send in our receipt for a $15 rebate. The toothbrush also came with a promo to take a survey and get a $10 visa gift card. He thought it was the best deal ever!

He says he sees why I like coupons.

I like it when friends let me know they saw my Handsome Hubby out shopping and they were impressed he was using coupons - they ask how I talked him into it? I didn't!

I just have a wonderful husband!

1 comment:

FloridaGrandparents said...

Way to go Handsome Hubby! Those are wonderful savings. That's really a talent to be able to stretch your dollars so well.