Thursday, September 18, 2008

Cookies Save the Day!

While Handsome Hubby, OTG Boy and the Professor went off to play soccer last Saturday I had to stay home - I'm still not feeling too well and supposed to be taking it easy, so sitting out in 100 degree weather at 2:30 in the afternoon... not the best idea.

Because I was staying home the laws of cause and effect kicked in and Bubba was stuck staying home with me. Believe me there was...

Weeping
Wailing
and
Gnashing of Teeth...
Bubba was not happy.

And then his brilliant mother said, "once everybody leaves we'll make some cookies!"
Bubba could not get his brothers out the door fast enough - he was shutting and locking the door as quick as he could get them out. Then he turned and said, "It's time to make cookies!"


I don't think I've seen a happier kid!

Thank goodness for Betty Crocker cookie mixes - they're perfect for a mom who needs something quick and easy when she's not feeling well enough to be in the kitchen!


Bubba made the perfect fall cookies - brown chocolate frosting with yellow and orange sprinkles.



Delicious!

No comments: