Thursday, September 25, 2008

My Favorite Veggie

We recently started buying our fruits and vegetables through a co-op called Bountiful Baskets. If you live in the Phoenix area you should click here and find out more - we absolutely love it!

You never know what, exactly, you'll get in your order, but we've enjoyed what we've had and look forward to the surprises. This last week Handsome Hubby knew I would be thrilled with one of our fresh arrivals...

It was an eggplant!


Handsome Hubby knows how much I love these. Anytime I'm at a restaurant and they have eggplant... anything, on the menu - that's what I'm getting! My family used to grow them in the garden and I've always just thought they were an interesting looking vegetable. And as far as I can remember I really liked eating them!

Although I've eaten a lot of eggplant, the kids haven't. Here's what they thought of their first eggplant on the dinner table.


OTG Boy said his slice tasted good - but one slice was enough!

The Professor thought it was good while chewing, but didn't like the aftertaste.

Bubba's face says it all - not too thrilled with his first eggplant!

Oh well, we'll just have to keep trying!

1 comment:

FloridaGrandparents said...

That is a beautiful eggplant. That's great that all of the family was willing to try a taste of this most wonderful "new" vegetable. We love the pictures about how they felt about their experience.