Monday, September 8, 2008

OTG Boy

This is our oldest - his codename - "OTG Boy!" This stands for On The Go Boy (hopefully OTG doesn't mean something horrible in the texting world - if it does please let me know so we can change the name and keep this kids self-esteem intact). Anyway...
This kid is constantly on the go - he loves to be involved in everything! He never just sits - if he is sitting he's reading (he's an excellent reader too, he breezes through Harry Potter Books in less than a week).

OTG Boy is in 5th Grade and loves school - he's always been this way and as far as I can tell will probably always be this way. When he walked in on his first day of Kindergarten (after telling me, "I don't need you here, Mom. You can go.") I hovered by the door and watched him walk in and sit at a table - all of the other kids were playing with toys and clinging to parents. His teacher walked over and asked if he wanted to go play with the toys like the other kids and he just looked her straight in the eyes and said, "I did not come here to play. I came to learn." Luckily, he has learned how to play, but still has a great attitude about learning. He's already picked out a college, BYU (which Handsome Hubby says is all me - but I promise I've never told any of the kids they had to go there - it's just that when we're in Utah you have to find the "Y" on the mountain and visiting campus is so much fun and of course you have to pick out a book at the bookstore. I must admit I love that campus - and it's obvious!)

Anyway, a little bit more about OTG Boy... he plays soccer, swims and rollerblades. Likes to play the piano and the cello. He's just about to earn his Bear Rank in Cub Scouts - we'll finish-up the last requirement tonight - as long as it doesn't rain (fingers crossed - it can rain tomorrow though - we love monsoon storms in the desert). He loves Primary (the program for children where we attend church - The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints) and has been working very hard on memorizing the Articles of Faith this Year.

So there he is... OTG Boy - We Love Him!

No comments: